Fill out the form online with minimum required information:
- Full name – The same as in passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of arrival
- Type of Visa
Get Approval Letter via Email
After 2 working days (normal service); YOU WILL:
- Get visa approval letter via email (attached with Vietnamese visa application form)
After that, you need to:
- Print out the letter and the form,
- Fill out the Vietnamese visa application form,
- Prepare 2 passport-sized photos 4x6cm and cash for stamping fee,
- Put all above-mentioned things along with your passport in a package,
- then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports.
Get Visa Stamped on Arrival
Upon landing, head to the Landing VISA (VOA) Counter, present the following:
- Your passport, Visa approval letter
- 2 Passport-sized photos
- Vietnamese visa application form, and
- Stamping fee to the Immigration Officer to get VISA stamped onto your passport.
Frequently asked questions
What if I change my arrival airport in Vietnam?
It does not matter at all.
As the Visa approval letter (to pick up visa on arrival) works at all 5 international airports of Vietnam (Noi Bai in Hanoi, Cat Bi in Hai Phong, Da Nang in Da Nang, Cam Ranh in Khanh Hoa and Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City), you can switch your arrival among those airports and get the visa stamped without problems.
What if I have un-known travel dates during filling our my application form for visa approval letter?
It does not matter at all. In case you are still not sure about your travel dates, you can provide planned ones when you fill in online VOA Vietnam application form.
But please be kindly informed that you can enter Vietnam later than your provided arrival date but cannot enter sooner, so, please carefully consider before putting your dates into the form.
Do I need to contact the Vietnam embassy in case I’ve got the visa approval letter?
No. When using Vietnam visa on arrival (or VOA Vietnam), you have nothing to work with the Vietnam embassy regarding your visa for Vietnam.
After getting the visa approval letter via email, you only need to print it out together with the attached Vietnamese visa application form (formerly known as Entry and Exit Form) and then get the visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport by showing these forms, original passport, photos and paying for stamping fee there.
When should I get Vietnam visa on arrival?
As this kind of VOA Vietnam is for those traveling to Vietnam by air only, you only can use it when you are traveling to Vietnam by air.