About ET-Pumpkin Express Train
The ET-Pumpkin Express Train transfers passengers between Hanoi and Lao Cai (Sapa) and vice versa by an overnight train of 14 compact yet fully equipped cabins featuring air-conditioning, reading lights.
There are 2 kinds of Cabin: 4-berth Cabin and 2-berth Cabin, and passengers can book shared tickets or private cabin (price quote per cabin).
Lao Cai Station to Hanoi Station (20:50 – 04:45)
- 20:00: You need to be ready at Lao Cai Train Station for the check-in procedure. Your online ticket would be exchanged for paper tickets at this point.
- 20:55: Train departs for Hanoi Train Station.
- 04:45: Arrived at Hanoi Train Station.
Pick up and drop off
In Lao Cai: Please be present at Nhat Linh restaurant (in front of Lao Cai train station - Map for reference) before 20:00, using online voucher tickets to exchange for the boarding pass.
Arrival station: Tran Quy Cap train station, Hanoi
- There is one restroom in every couch and only open when the train runs
- Please bring your passport along for the check-in procedure
- The voucher is valid only on the tour date and time specified
- Ticket price does not include meals on the train but includes snack and drinks
- Surcharge: 10% additional on Christmas, New Year, and Vietnam Holiday
- Children price: Free of charge for children under 3-year-old sharing parent‘s existing berths
Lao Cai station is 40 km away from Hanoi, there is a shuttle bus from Sapa to Lao Cai station daily at around 5 - 6 PM with hotel pick up service that costs around 2.5 - 3 USD per ticket. You should ask your hotel reception to reserve those tickets in advance. Another option is our private car service with the price from USD 25 per car, CHECK HERE for more detail.